Euro T20 Slam is going to start on 30, August 2019 and will final held on September, 22,2019. The fan of cricket having good news the great player and game changer Shahid Khan Afridi Lala has been chosen for Slam T20 Euro as icon player, Really congratulations to boom boom fans.
- 1 Shahid Afridi Euro T20 Slam:
- 22.214.171.124 “I have really enjoyed my early days in cricket playing in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, and Kent. I am expecting similar kind of surfaces and weather condition in Scotland, Ireland, and the Netherlands. It is the part of the world where we won our only World T Twenty title. I am really thrilled to go out there and entertain the fans,” Afridi said.
- 2 Mini Biography:
- 3 Trivia:
- 4 Some lesser Known facts about Lala Shahid Afridi
Shahid Afridi Euro T20 Slam:
Shahid Khan Afridi was fourth icon player of Euro Slam T20. You already know three players include Shane Watson, Brendon McCullum, and Rashid Khan are already finalized as icon players of New European Cricket League. The rest of the 2 players will be announced later before the tournament of euro. Also South African players Imran Tahir and JP Duminy are among the 6 marquee players of the tournament.
Boom Boom is a really an excellent player in all-around format and being an all-rounder player it’s self really difficult to play on the ground. These qualities came from by birth and intelligent mind become all-rounder in younger age.
Discovered as a 16-year old cricket talent in 1996, Afridi’s career has not been without its share of controversies, intrigues, scandals, and top cricketing performances easily making him one of the most popular all-rounders with his penchant for hitting sixes and taking wickets with his fastest leg-spin and googlies. Lala Favourite shot is anywhere for Six and the nature of the game is always aggressive.
Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has promised his fans a no-holds-barred account of his life in his upcoming biography “Game Changer”, which will hit the stands on every match.
Afridi, who led Pakistan in all three formats, is still active in the T20 leagues played around the world and recently appeared in the Pakistan Super League.
Afridi, 39, remains one of the most popular personalities of Pakistan and world cricket and retired from all cricket in April 2016 after a 20-year international career in which he appeared in 27 Tests, 398 ODIs and 99 T20 Internationals.
Afridi looks really energized and happy to be part of this European League.
“I have really enjoyed my early days in cricket playing in Derbyshire, Leicestershire, and Kent. I am expecting similar kind of surfaces and weather condition in Scotland, Ireland, and the Netherlands. It is the part of the world where we won our only World T Twenty title. I am really thrilled to go out there and entertain the fans,” Afridi said.
All six franchises are Dublin Chiefs & Belfast Titans from Ireland, Amsterdam Kings & Rotterdam Rhinos from the Netherlands and Glasgow Giants & Edinburgh Rocks from Scotland. He will be a great asset whichever teams take him in their squad.
Shahid Afridi was born on March 1, 1980, in Khyber Agency, Pakistan as Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi.
Shahid Khan Afridi was the world record owned for the fastest ODI century in 37 deliveries. The record was broken by New Zealand cricketer Corey Anderson on January 01 2014 who hit hundred in just 36 balls. Later broken record January 2015 against West Indies on held by South-African cricketer AB de Villiers who made a century from 31 balls on 18.
Afridi is a former Pakistani cricketer and former captain of the Pakistan national cricket team.
Some lesser Known facts about Lala Shahid Afridi
- Does Afridi drink alcohol?: No
- He uses Sachin Tendulkar’s bat to score the 3rd fastest ODI century in 37 balls in 1996 against Sri Lanka in Nairobi.
- Does Lala Afridi smoke?: No
- Afridi Lala started his career as a leg spinner in the Sameer Cup 1996-97 by replacing the injured Mushtaq Ahmed.
- In 1998, he took 5 for 52 against Australia in his test Debut.
- He had the recorded for the fastest century in OCI for 19 years until Corey Anderson and AB de Villiers broke it and Anderson 36 balls (2014) and Villiers 31 balls (2015).
- During the 3rd ODI at Kanpur in November 2007 against India, he had a verbal fight with Gautam Gambhir.
- From the year 2009 to 2011, he was the captain of Pakistan in restricted overs format.
- He has a charity foundation with the name of Shahid Afridi Foundation which provides healthcare and education facilities to the poor people.
- in 2011, he announced his conditional retirement from international cricket as a protest against the PCP, and later that year he returned after Ijaz Butt got replaced as chairman of PCB.
- He has the worst batting average of 23.31 among 87 batsmen who made more than 4000 ODI runs.
- He is the slowest batsman to reach 7000 runs in about 316 innings.
- His family owns a Toyota Showrooms in Sabzi Mandi, Karachi.